Inspectors from the AAA (American Automobile Association) have inducted nine new properties into their exclusive Five Diamond Club which recognizes the top luxury hotels across the US, Canada, Mexico and the Caribbean.
The following hotels from Florida, New York, British Columbia, Quebec, Mexico and the Caribbean impressed the AAA’s army of inspectors for their guest services, design, competence, refinement and hospitality.
Like the Michelin system, inspectors visit the hotels unannounced and anonymously.
In total, 178 hotels and restaurants make up the Five Diamond club out of 59,000 establishments. Here are the nine new additions for 2012:
- Montage Laguna Beach, California
- St. Regis Bal Harbour, Florida
- The Ritz-Carlton, Amelia Island, Florida
- Trump SoHo, New York
- Shangri-La Hotel Vancouver, British Columbia
- The Ritz-Carlton Montreal, Quebec
- Four Seasons Resort Nevis, West Indies
- St. Regis Bahia Beach Puerto Rico, Puerto Rico
- Capella Pedregal Resort and Spa, Mexico
This story was posted on Tue, January 22, 2013
More HeadlinesNew Five Diamond hotel winners announced
Klimt 'Kiss' celebrations help Vienna to record tourism year
Malaysia rated top Muslim-friendly holiday destination
Lake Winnipeg nominated as one of most threatened
NTSB: Excess voltage not the problem in Dreamliners