Siam Park, a massive water park in Spain designed to evoke the mystery of Thailand's ancient kingdom, has been named the best in the world.
In TripAdvisor's Travelers' Choice awards, the sprawling park in the Canary Islands, south of Tenerife, took the top spot among 242 theme and water parks across Asia, Canada, China, Europe, India, South America, the South Pacific, the UK and the US.
Opened in 2008, the water kingdom covers 185,000 square meters and includes a sprawling beach zone, bars, restaurants, luxury cabanas and private islands for hire, a theater that seats 1,500, along with a number of thrill rides and water slides.
Some of the park's signature rides include the 'Tower of Power,' for adrenaline junkies who aren't afraid of the 28-metre vertical drop, and 'The Wave Palace,' which claims to produce the biggest artificial waves in the world.
Waves rise to heights of 3 metres for students of the surf school.
Rounding out the top three water parks in the world are Beach Park in Aquiraz, Brazil and Disney's Blizzard Beach Water Park in Orlando, Florida.
The Travelers' Choice awards were determined based on millions of reviews and opinions gathered over a 12-month period. An algorithm that considered the quantity and quality of reviews was used to compile the final ranking.
Overall, the US and Brazil led the pack, with the US taking six of the top 25 spots and Brazil taking five.
Here are the top 10 water parks in the world according to TripAdvisor:
1. Siam Park, Adeje, Spain
2. Beach Park, Aquiraz, Brazil
3. Disney's Blizzard Beach Water Park, Orlando, Florida
4. Disney's Typhoon Lagoon Water Park, Orlando, Florida
5. Waterbom Bali, Kuta Indonesia
6. Wild Wadi Water Park, Dubai, United Arab Emirates
7. Hot Park, Rio Quente, Brazil
8. Aquaventure Waterpark, Dubai, United Arab Emirates
9. Aquatica, Orlando, Florida
10. Aquaventure Water Park at Atlantis Paradise Island, Paradise Island, Bahamas