CANOE Network

 
The Toronto Sun CareerConnection

THE NATIONAL JOB FAIR

Job fair your direct link to employers


Some 40 companies are poised to receive more than 10,000 visitors and offer thousands of jobs at Toronto's first multi-sector National Job Fair .

Taking place Wednesday, March 19 and Thursday, March 20 at the Metro Toronto Convention Centre (North Building, Exhibition Hall C), the fair should be attended by anyone interested in finding a job, changing careers or learning about job trends and counselling.
Job seekers and post-secondary students at last year's National Job Fair had access to several employers and training institutions.


Co-presidents Daniel Levesque and Maud Allard, who have successfully organized similar fairs in Montreal from 1996 to 2002, are committed to the concept of simplifying the job search process.

"The National Job Fair is a direct link between employers and job seekers. It speeds up the hiring process," Allard says. For the maximum number of contacts with employers in a minimum amount of time, the fair offers job seekers serious opportunities in various sectors."

The mission of The National Job Fair is to stimulate employment by producing the most job offers under one roof at one time. The participating companies represent a cross-section of industries, including pharmaceutics, communication, finance, hospitality, government, manufacturing, retail and others.

About 85% of the exhibitors will be job related, and the other 15% will be training and education related.

Among the exhibitors are companies looking for professional or technical personnel, such as Canadian Forces, Apotex, L3 Communication Wescam and BouClair.

Placement agencies will be featured, including Adecco, Manpower Services, Kelly Services and Randstad.


Specialized institutions and continuing-education centers will also be on hand: Centennial College, TRIOS College Information and The Strategic Coach. "Visitors will be offered the opportunity to make face-to-face contact with potential employers who are looking to hire," Levesque says. "They will have access to more than 1,000 jobs on site, so they should definitely bring along their resume."

The National Job Fair consists of two main pavilions: the Employment Pavilion and the Training Pavilion. Also, more than 500 job offers will be posted on bulletin boards along the Adecco Jobs Avenue.

Presented in collaboration with The Toronto Sun, the fair will be open to the general public from 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. General admission is $3.

(Dorothea Helms (writer@wsws.ca) is an internationally published freelance writer who co-owns a communications firm with her husband.)

Next Story

Big brother is watching you

Jumping on the 'brand' wagon

UP & RUNNING- Build a better business than your boss

HEALTH CONNECTION- U of T hosts ALS chair

YOUTH FORCE- No Grade 12 diploma not an obstacle

Think work is boring?

THE NATIONAL JOB FAIR- A world of opportunities

THE NATIONAL JOB FAIR- A world of knowledge awaits job seekers

THE NATIONAL JOB FAIR- Put your best foot forward

THE NATIONAL JOB FAIR- Maximize your prospects

2005 Archives -- 2004 Archives

2003 Archives -- 2002 Archives


Local Employment & Education Job Board News Youth Force About Us Email Us