Safety & Equipment
Youth tackle football is safe
The primary reason that youth tackle football exists is a simple one --
kids! Lots and lots of kids want to play it. This is in spite of fearful moms, large time
commitments, the cost of playing and the challenges of finding quality programs.
Even with the emergence of all the soccer leagues and organizations, tackle football
(and flag football as an introductory activity) is actually growing and even exploding in
Suggested Safety Items Parents Should Look For In A High School Athletic Program
High School emergency plans should include an established set of action items that is implemented in the event of an emergency situation. The types of questions to ask are:
- Who will provide emergency first?
- Who and how will Emergency Medical Services (ENS) be summoned?
- Who will monitor non-injured members of the team during an emergency?
Top Ten Canadians in NCAA 1A, 2006
1. Jon Cornish, New Westminster, BC, KANSAS
2. Jamal Westerman, Brampton, ON, RUTGERS
3. Eric Deslauriers, Gatineau, QC, EASTERN MICHIGAN
4. Jabari Arthur, Montreal, QC, AKRON
5. Aaron Wagner, Lethbridge, AB, BYU
6. Corey Mace, Port Moody, BC, WYOMING
7. Andrew Woodruff, Victoria, BC, BOISE STATE
8. Kevin Challenger, Montreal, QC, BOSTON COLLEGE
9. Keith Shologon, Edmonton, AB, CENTRAL FLORIDA
10. James Judges, Pickering, ON, BUFFALO
Previous Top 10s
Please contact us for more information.
Do you have football news to share or a great football story? Please let us know so we can share it with the rest of the Canadian amateur football community!
Please send your questions and comments about this site to Admin@NFLCFLFutures.com