Atlanta and Dubai have emerged as homes to the busiest airports in the world in a new report that looked at passenger traffic throughout major hubs.
It comes as no surprise that Georgia's Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport should top the charts again: This year marks the 17th consecutive time the hub has nabbed the title.
New this year, Dubai International Airport bumped London Heathrow from the top spot in the category of international passenger traffic, after seeing more than 70 million international travelers shuffle through its terminals.
CLICK FOR LARGER VERSION
Here are a few interesting factoids about two of the busiest airports in the world:
Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport:
-In 2014, more than 96 million passengers boarded and deplaned from the Georgia airport.
-The airport serves 150 US destinations and more than 75 international destinations in 50 countries.
-Hartsfield-Jackson boasts the tallest air traffic tower in North America (398 feet, 121 meters) and the fourth tallest in the world.
-Atlanta is within a two-hour flight of 80 percent of the US population.
-In 2012, when the airport needed to clear-cut invasive vegetation at a plot of land near Hartsfield-Jackson, it enlisted a herd of 91 sheep and 10 goats to feast on the plants -- an efficient and environmentally friendly way of getting the job done.
Dubai International Airport
-In 2014, more than 70 million international flyers passed through the airport.
-The airport serves more than 140 airlines that fly to more than 260 destinations across six continents.
-Amenities include a pool, gardens and 'Snoozecubes,' units that allow commuters to catch some rest in 'micro-hotel' rooms.
Here are the top 10 world's busiest airports in 2014 according to the ACI:
1. Hartsfield-Jackson International Airport, Atlanta, USA
2. Beijing Capital International Airport, China
3. London Heathrow Airport, England
4. Tokyo International Airport or Haneda Airport, Japan
5. Los Angeles International Airport, USA
6. Dubai International Airport
7. Chicago O'Hare International Airport, USA
8. Paris Charles de Gaulle Airport, France
9. Dallas/Fort Worth International Airport, USA
10. Hong Kong International Airport
Here are the top 10 world's busiest airports for international passengers in 2014:
1. Dubai International Airport
2. London Heathrow, England
3. Hong Kong International Airport
4. Paris Charles de Gaulle Airport, France
5. Amsterdam Airport Schiphol, Netherlands
6. Singapore Changi Airport
7. Frankfurt Airport, Germany
8. Incheon International Airport, South Korea
9. Istanbul Ataturk Airport, Turkey
10. Suvarnabhumi Airport, Bangkok